Quick Tips to Get a Great Shot
• Photograph your badge on a flat surface from directly above.
•Hold your phone parallel to the badge. (Angling the phone distorts the image and causes the shape to be off.)
• Avoid glare. Glare can wash out detail and make us miss important elements of your badge. Use indirect, diffused lighting as opposed to bright overhead lights. This can be achieved by taking the photo near a window during daylight hours.
• Avoid heavy shadows. Shadows and dark spots obscurer important details. Make sure the badge is well-lit by following the instructions in the previous step.
• Make sure the badge is in sharp focus.
• If available, send us a digital rendering of your badge. Many departments have them on their websites. We can always change details like rank, badge number, etc as we design the badge.